Although each yoga class is a unique experience, the following are some general guidelines for practice:
- Refrain from eating 2-3 hours prior to class and hydrate well.
- Wear comfortable clothing to allow for freedom of movement.
- Refrain from wearing strong perfume or cologne as some students have allergies.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class begins to get situated and take care of any logistics with your teacher.
- The studio has mats, blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters available for your use.
- Please remove shoes before entering the studio and place them in the cubbies provided.
- Respect the quiet and sacred space of the studio upon entering.
- Turn off all cell phones and pagers.
- Notify the instructor if you are pregnant, have a health concern, injury or illness, or if you are a new student.
- We are a hands-on studio. If you prefer not to be adjusted physically, please inform your instructor before class begins.
- Be mindful of space and make room for other students to place their mats.
- Please stay for the duration of the class. Leaving early not only disrupts the energy created within a class, but deprives you of total relaxation and the full integration of your experience.
- If you do need to leave early, please inform the instructor prior to class and exit before final relaxation.
- Listen to your body. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. Always feel free to ask for modifications or alternatives to a particular pose.
- Talk with your instructor about any questions or concerns that arise for you.
- Be compassionate and patient with yourself. Yoga is not a competition or a performance. Your practice will grow and progress as your awareness deepens.
Yoga can be a beautiful process of reconnecting your body, mind and spirit. If there is anything we can do to assist you on your path, please let us know. Thank you for allowing us to share this experience with you.